University officials at DePaul University have turned their backs on their own free speech policies at the expense of students. Within the last few years, bureaucrats at DePaul have…
- Rejected speakers like Ben Shapiro (who they threatened with arrest!)
- Prevented a pro-life group from posting a sign that said “Unborn Lives Matter”
- Called pro-Trump, pro-police, and pro-Israel chalking “offensive, hurtful and divisive,”
- and so much more!
And yet, these actions completely contradict DePaul’s “Guiding Principles for Speech and Expression” that claim the following:
- We affirm that, as a university, we have a responsibility to provide a setting in which a broad and diverse range of ideas can be exchanged civilly and respectfully.
- We affirm the right of members of the DePaul community to engage in speech and expression consistent with the values of academic freedom, free inquiry, and civil discourse. . .
- We affirm the right of individuals to express their viewpoints, even at the risk of controversy.
Help us hold DePaul University accountable to its own policy.