THANK YOU for helping us hold DePaul University accountable to its own policy.
University officials at DePaul University have turned their backs on their own free speech policies at the expense of students.
Within the last few years, bureaucrats at DePaul have…
- rejected speakers like Ben Shapiro (who they threatened with arrest!)
- prevented a pro-life group from posting a sign that said “Unborn Lives Matter”
- called pro-Trump, pro-police, and pro-Israel chalking “offensive, hurtful and divisive,”
And yet, these actions completely contradict DePaul’s “Guiding Principles for Speech and Expression” that claim the following:
- We affirm that, as a university, we have a responsibility to provide a setting in which a broad and diverse range of ideas can be exchanged civilly and respectfully.
- We affirm the right of members of the DePaul community to engage in speech and expression consistent with the values of academic freedom, free inquiry, and civil discourse. . .
- We affirm the right of individuals to express their viewpoints, even at the risk of controversy.