Students who are brave enough to stand up for their rights deserve our support. Let’s help them teach a new lesson to their professors and classmates—that the First Amendment means free speech FOR ALL, not just for some!
On Giving Tuesday, we invite you to make an investment in America’s college students that will help them stand up for their Constitutional rights and fight back against the toxic culture of censorship in higher education.
Your gift of $25, $50, $100, $200, or more will go a long way to support students:
- $200- “Founding Fathers” Bundle: Help us equip student leaders on campus! For $200, we can send a package of resources to Speech First members who launch a new student organization at their school, including copies of our History of Free Speech in America guide, a series of “Know Your Rights” brochures, and other gifts to educate and inspire their fellow students to support the First Amendment. Your gift of $200 will fund one Founding Fathers Bundle.
- $100- Travel Scholarship: Help us send top-tier students to policy conferences across the country where they can deepen their understanding of free speech issues and network with like-minded students and professionals. $100 will fund a travel scholarship for one student, so that high conference costs aren’t an impediment to these educational opportunities
- $50- Student Recruitment: It takes time to get to know – and build up trust! – with students, so that they come to us when they face problems on campus! $50 will pay for the time and research involved in recruiting more student members of Speech First and talking through problems with students who are being harmed by policies on campus.
- $25- Flyer Fund: In order to promote their events and meetings, student groups regularly print and post flyers on campus. Sadly, these posters are frequently torn down by other students who want to silence views they disagree with – a terrible, cowardly reaction that underscores the need for greater intellectual diversity on campus! It’s a form of restricting speech, and it prevents students from sharing their viewpoints. $25 will pay for a student group to print (or reprint!) flyers in order to promote their events to the campus community.
- Other: Stand with students and defend their Constitutional rights! A gift of any amount will support our ongoing mission at Speech First.
Thank you for your kindness! Your generous gift goes a long way towards supporting students.
Speech First EIN: 82-3599047